Friday 18 April 2014

Good Friday

The weeks pass quickly, another Friday, another day of sunshine and cold winds. I pointed my camera at the sky, nothing special to see. The horse chestnut tree in the centre of the photo is about to burst into flower but the walnut tree, on the right of the picture, is barely in leaf.
I skulked in the greenhouse out of the wind. There isn't an inch of staging left now that I'm potting on the seedlings. To make space I have most of my auriculas outside. Those inside  are just starting to flower.

I love them!


At the end of the day,  what's this?
Three balloons heading towards the village.
Oh, good, a subject for Skywatch Friday
A red balloon and my rather battered red flowers.

8 comments:

  1. Oh look at those sweet little flower faces. Don't you just love balloons? It's a big deal around here. Though I plan to just watch from the ground, thank you very much. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it with auriculas, Connie, they are real characters, the flower heads are faces, as you say.
      Feel the same as you about balloons, they look fine from a position with my feet firmly on the ground!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful graden and great flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christian, I've been having a look at the fabulous photos on your site!

      Delete
  3. Lovely captures! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete