Monday 11 March 2013

Mothering Sunday

The flower shops were busy this weekend. I saw this little Patterdale terrier waiting very patiently outside whilst his owner was inside the shop choosing a bouquet. He and his small daughter came out, with a lovely arrangement of flowers, and introduced me to Nero, ten years old and cute as a button!
There were charming small arrangements at pocket money prices.
What a nice idea.
 I went to another seed swap where I changed my shoo fly (thank you Rosemary, for your info!) and packets of my copious supplies of coriander and white foxglove seed for this tempting selection of vegetables and flowers.
Now I just need some decent weather so that I can get to work sowing seed and planting!

12 comments:

  1. Cute as a button indeed!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely little shop! I always think the Mother's Day arrangements are the best of the year. The jam jars with the posies are gorgeous. And the little dog waiting so patiently is just adorable. Have a great week and I hope the snow kept off of your part of the country so that you can get going on the seed sowing. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow didn't settle, Chel, but it is bitter cold. I'm still hiding indoors.

      Delete
  3. Such cute little fellow. Oh I do wish I had some of your white foxgloves. They do not fare well here in the southern part of the U.S. It looks like you brought home some treasures. Enjoy your plantings. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to send you some of my foxglove seed, Bonnie. It is as fine as dust and it amazes me that such a tiny thing can grow into a tall, sturdy plant.
      Yes, I'm well stocked now and itching to get going.

      Delete
  4. I'm not really a do0g person, but he is so cute! And 10 yrs old! - looking good! Love the mini flowers arrangements - what a good idea. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for dogs, especially cheeky terriers! The little posies were charming, a lovely idea for children.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful little terrier. I am afraid I have over purchased this year as my seed storage is bursting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've probably got just enough seed, Doc, bearing in mind the old saying, 'one for the mouse and one for the crow, one to rot and one to grow' !
    I tried to leave a comment on your site without success. Like you, we are bothered every now and then by rats. Although we keep no livestock we live opposite stables and have become accustomed to putting poison down in the outbuildings to protect stored potatoes and apples. I think it would be a great shame to get rid of your chickens. Do keep them and enjoy both them and their tasty eggs and pay no heed to your unpleasant neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable puppy and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete