Thursday 28 April 2011

Wedding Fever


Flags and bunting are fluttering all over the place; the country is going down with wedding fever! Even I have succumbed and bought some Union Jack paper serviettes (from Lidl. Hey, big spender.) 
For most women I'm sure that the main area of interest is THE DRESS.
I confidently predict that it will not be a meringue but something sleek, heavy satin perhaps, with a long train, and Kate will look as elegant as a Singer Sargent portrait.

My wedding dress, which is well on its way to being half a century old, is made of cotton broderie anglais. I bought it in John Lewis for the princely sum of £25.

Miss.
Mrs.
We had our wedding reception and dance in this castle, which was very tumbledown at the time, but wonderful.

On Friday night the village is going to have a party.
 What shall I wear?

'Terrier', woodcarving, Peter Murphy.

Along with the sale of flags and bunting there are some very good offers on bottles of champagne -which I bought. 
I think that we are going to have a lot of fun!


3 comments:

  1. We dressed so modest then. I had 3/4 sleeves, very modest top and buttons galore going up my back (the longer to take it off). It was June and I sweated up and down the isle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello:
    We thought that the picture of you in your own wedding dress absolutely lovely. And how romantic to have had the reception in a castle. It must all have been great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Starting Over -I have a nice image in my head of your new husband undoing all the buttons!

    Dear Jane and Lance, the castle is featured in the current television programme about the Dales. And yes, it was all great fun.

    ReplyDelete